My life so far

This is the place where you can find out about my life so far. Oh, and about me, too. It's always about me!!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Life is like a cliffhanger...

It's not that I stopped posting, just that I posted a bunch of stuff and then went back through and deleted all the posts. I left a few, but they are all older. Since I posted last, I finished my AA degree. Yay! I also enrolled in a local University which I have come to regret having done. I will have to explain that some other time. I am going to post a link here for anyone who cares. It's to my other blog. My "real" blog, where I have friends and other blogs that I subscribe to, I put all of my "serious" postings there now and I update it fairly regularly. Over there you can read the entries on my friends page and find out just how whacked I really am. :-) (Trust me, I'm pretty strange!)

loraca.livejournal.com should get you there. Be warned, I am a Pagan and so are most of my friends, so some of the content of my own posts there and the posts of my friends may be offensive to some people. If you are not one of those people, then please feel free to check it out.

Here is some stuff that I wrote in another blog posting that was closed to everyone but my friends. I wanted to post it here, too, though.

I am uncertain what to write. I had many thoughts a few minutes ago, but now I am drawing a blank. For anyone who doesn’t know and who actually cares, I am a student at the University of Missouri, Kansas City. I am technically a junior there, but there are some mix-ups with my transcripts, so the admissions office claims that I am only a sophomore. They are smokin’ crack in the bus station bathroom is what they are doing. I probably will not be returning to UMKC in the fall because of all the problems I have had with them. First the admissions problems, and then the financial aid office took away more than half my FA, making me owe the school over a thousand dollars now. Over a thousand dollars that I do not have.

If I had that much money laying around, I could afford to turn the furnace up to a decent temperature and not be sitting here right now with finger and toenail beds that are purple because I am so cold. If I had that much money laying around, maybe I could afford to buy a crappy car so that I could go places and do things while my husband is at work and school.

I was actually accepted at Tulane university and given a $25,000 scholarship there, which I stupidly turned down. I decided that I didn’t want to uproot my 9-year-old son again and move him down to New Orleans while I finished my degree. Now, part of me wishes that I would have done that. Tulane is an excellent school to be graduated from. And, had I done that, the last 5 months of my life would have turned out MUCH different. Better? I don’t know about that, but I do know that my life would be different right now. Want to know why?

Sorry, you will have to wait for the next great installment of...

loraca’s great cliffhanger!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home